On 19 May, we hosted our 2017 Demo Day, the investor forum of our Investment Ready programme, a unique 5-month, peer-to-peer driven accelerator, which consists of 12 training days supported by mentors, speakers, content experts, associates and powerful business tools.
The 10 sustainability-focused enterprises taking part in the 2017 edition of Investment Ready passionately pitched their sustainable innovations in front of a room packed with Impact Hub Amsterdam’s community of impact investors.
As entrepreneurs and investors discussed each organisation’s funding needs and scale-up ambitions in moderated break-out sessions, we collected some of common questions investors ask about many aspects of your business.
Keep reading for a curated list that can help you prepare for your next chat with an impact investor!
Your vision & business model
- How would you describe yourself and your background?
- What is your company’s main driving force?
- What is your company’s ultimate goal?
- What does your business model look like?
- How do you make money with your product/service while also creating tangible impact?
Team, partnerships & investors
- Who owns the business?
- Who else is in your team? What are their strengths? What expertise is lacking?
- Who are your closest partners and allies?
- What is your relationship with your current investors like?
Growth & scaling
- What are your growth goals?
- Where do you plan to scale and how?
Competitors & patents
- Who are your main competitors? What sets you apart?
- Are they replicating your ideas? How quickly could they catch up?
- Have you asked for patents? What is your timeline for getting them?
Target market & customers
- Who are your customers? What do they value?
- How many products have you sold already?
- Are you focusing on B2B or the consumer market?
- Which channels do you use to reach your customers?
- Do you have a local factory or do you manufacture abroad?
- How do you achieve and maintain a high level of quality?
Sustainability & impact
- Could you elaborate on the sustainability strategy of your business model?
- What are the sustainability criteria you use for your products?
- How do you measure your impact?
Already thinking about answers to these questions? Excited to engage in a review of your business strategy, model and team, before crafting a validated growth and investment plan?
Then please fill in this form to express your interest in the 2018 edition of our Investment Ready programme.