Are you an ambitious social entrepreneur focused on health solutions? Would you like to innovate with the City of Amsterdam? Are you ready to develop a better business model in close collaboration with experts from the Impact Hub and the City of Amsterdam? The City of Amsterdam is calling all innovative impact entrepreneurs to take part in the Amsterdam City Fellowship programme. APPLY BY 5 APRIL!
The Amsterdam City Fellowship: An accelerator for health-focused social enterprises
The health-focused Amsterdam City Fellowship, which is part of the City of Amsterdam’s Social Entrepreneurship Action Programme, is developed in collaboration with Impact Hub Amsterdam. The programme stimulates and facilitates collaboration between social entrepreneurs and the City of Amsterdam, as well as with the City’s partners. For approximately 8 months, social entrepreneurs will refine their business models and products / services together with the City of Amsterdam and Impact Hub Amsterdam’s business experts. The aim of this close collaboration is to co-create and implement innovative solutions to health-related urban challenges.
“I’m excited to invite social entrepreneurs to innovate with the City and help tackle Amsterdam’s health challenges.”
Ellen Oetelmans, the City of Amsterdam’s Public Lead on Social Entrepreneurship
What kind of social entrepreneurs are we looking for?
The ideal applicants:
- operate an organisation registered at the Chamber of Commerce
- focus on solutions to the urban challenges in the four health-related, namely e-health and care, clean air and mobility, healthy lifestyle 0-100, and urban green
- are entrepreneurs who:
– have working prototypes that provide solutions to urban societal challenges relevant to the City of Amsterdam or
– are looking to develop new products/services for their existing ranges of products/services or
– are looking to adapt existing products/services for application to a new societal challenge
- want to refine their products/services in collaboration with the City of Amsterdam
- want to learn and grow together with fellow impact-driven entrepreneurs
- are looking for new customers and are interested to sell their product/services to the City of Amsterdam and its partners
- want to expand their product/service reach and social impact to the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area
“An entrepreneur who stands out for me is someone feisty, with a hint of activism, a strong business sense, and the willingness to innovate.”
Ilse Kwaaital, Programme Scout of the Amsterdam City Fellowship
Participants in the Amsterdam City Fellowship will benefit from:
- individual meetings with policy and procurement officers, who will share their expertise on procurement processes and regulations, as well as pressing health-related urban challenges in need of solutions;
- introductions to the City of Amsterdam’s partners, crucial insights for developing a better business model for their social enterprises;
- training modules on topics such as business modelling, marketing and PR, pitching, public procurement, finance, and team development;
- small-group mentoring and leadership coaching from seasoned entrepreneurs and business experts;
peer-to-peer learning and support sessions with like minded social entrepreneurs;
- individual legal support sessions;
- access to pitch events, where they can test their pitching skills and potentially secure additional support and investment;
- an Impact Hub Amsterdam membership, which includes access to the Impact Hub’s vibrant local and global community, inspiring events and beautiful Impact Hub co-working space at the Royal Tropical Institute.