The Startup Visa at a glanceSince 2015, a new regulation enables ambitious entrepreneurs from non-EU countries to apply for a temporary residence permit for the Netherlands, which offers you one year to bring an innovative business to the Dutch market. To obtain this permit, having a facilitator recognised by the RVO is essential. To find out more, watch this short clip by Startup Amsterdam.
How do we support you in your Startup Visa application?
- Our Startup Visa coordinator will give you support throughout the Startup Visa process and check in with you regularly;
- We offer a comprehensive review of your business model, including feedback on topics such as feasibility, organisational setup and implementation timelines. You will also receive a final evaluation;
- We advise you on Dutch market trends by drawing from our team’s vast experience in helping more than 1,000 enterprises start, grow and scale;
- We invite you to join one of our incubator or accelerator programs to help you grow into a successful startup;
- We give you access to our collaborative co-working space and an Impact Hub membership, which includes free monthly business development workshops;
- Optionally, we can offer you 1-on-1 support sessions with experts from our network.
What are we looking for?
- You comply with IND Norms for a Startup Visa;
- You have solid entrepreneurial skills as shown by previous experience;
- You have a viable business plan, which you will be able to deliver within a year;
- You can develop an impact-driven product or service that is currently not available on the Dutch market;
- Your business has both financial and social or environmental goals, which you can describe in detail and quantify;
- You already have a support network in The Netherlands. This is not a requirement, but it can significantly contribute to the success of your business.
Have more questions? Read our FAQ.
Startup Visa packagesWe offer several packages, which can be expanded with optional add-ons. All packages include an acceleration program, an Impact Hub Amsterdam membership, and a final evaluation. Prices start at €3,417.
Ready to launch your impact business on the Dutch market with Impact Hub Amsterdam as your Startup Visa facilitator?These are the next steps:
- Fill in the application form
- Meet with Impact Hub Amsterdam, either in person or over Skype if you are located abroad;
- A decision will be made about whether we can act as your facilitator based on the selection criteria.