Learn how to make your business model more sustainable from a systems thinking perspective.
Startups have an incredible potential to positively inspire, impact and disrupt today’s markets and catalyze the global transition towards a thriving sustainable society. But, only if the right design and investment decisions are made early on to make sure you’ve included all complex interconnected and interdependent parts and relationships of your business model – and avoid unforeseen costs and risks associated with an unsustainable strategy and business model.
Sustainable Start is a sustainable business model canvas (re-)design tool that applies principles and trigger questions grounded in 4 scientific systems thinking perspectives. We focus on helping you make more realistic assumptions and hypotheses about the sustainability of your business model as a whole and how it interrelates within its context.
During the workshop we will use some of your own businesses as real-life cases and explore in a participatory way how to:
- Map and identify everything that is relevant to the sustainability of your business model,
- Check and analyze your business model’s (un)sustainability, and
- Innovate and integrate sustainability at the core of a successful business model.
As a result, you will have a better understanding of how to:
- Satisfy the universal human needs of your target audience throughout changing time and culture,
- Grow social and organizational resilience and support trustworthy relationships with diverse stakeholders,
- Create eco-regenerative and circular solutions and close the loop of your product lifecycle,
- Navigate complexity more strategically to increase revenues and decrease unforeseen costs and risks.
About Sustainable Start
Sustainable Start is based on Thomas van der Molen’s thesis for the Master ‘Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability’, titled: “Strategic Sustainable Trigger Questions How Strategic Sustainable Development might be introduced in the Lean Startup through the Business Model Canvas”.
Back to all Events