The next edition of our Investment Ready Program is coming up!
The Investment Ready Program is a 5-month peer-to-peer driven accelerator sponsored by ING, during which we help participants review their business model, strategy and team and craft a funding plan to grow their sustainable business. At the program’s concluding Demo Day, the participating entrepreneurs will pitch their plan to our network of impact investors for a chance to join the ranks of alumni who have raised more than 10 million euros. Sign up by 28 November!
As entrepreneurs and investors discussed each organisation’s funding needs and scale-up ambitions in moderated break-out sessions during one of the previous Demo Days, we collected some of common questions investors ask about many aspects of your business.
Keep reading for a curated list that can help you prepare for your next chat with an impact investor!
Your vision & business model
- How would you describe yourself and your background?
- What is your company’s main driving force?
- What is your company’s ultimate goal?
- What does your business model look like?
- How do you make money with your product/service while also creating tangible impact?
Team, partnerships & investors
- Who owns the business?
- Who else is in your team? What are their strengths? What expertise is lacking?
- Who are your closest partners and allies?
- What is your relationship with your current investors like?
Growth & scaling
- What are your growth goals?
- Where do you plan to scale and how?
Competitors & patents
- Who are your main competitors? What sets you apart?
- Are they replicating your ideas? How quickly could they catch up?
- Have you asked for patents? What is your timeline for getting them?
Target market & customers
- Who are your customers? What do they value?
- How many products have you sold already?
- Are you focusing on B2B or the consumer market?
- Which channels do you use to reach your customers?
- Do you have a local factory or do you manufacture abroad?
- How do you achieve and maintain a high level of quality?
Sustainability & impact
- Could you elaborate on the sustainability strategy of your business model?
- What are the sustainability criteria you use for your products?
- How do you measure your impact?